Thursday, May 29, 2008

Travel Tip 01

Tracking Flight Paths
Real-time tracking
Thursday, May 29, 2008

While I was checking my itineraries both for Knoxville and Osaka I came across couple of websites that allowed me to track the flight paths and status of current and future flights. Some of the services, at least the basic and simple ones were free to the consumer.


I thought I will share these sites to those who read my blog. Only requirements you need are a web connection and some information about the flight you are trying to track. Easiest way to track is by the flight ID, that is airline abbreviation plus flight number. For example DL115 or DAL115 for Delta flight 115 or UA51 or UAL51 for United Airlines flight 51, etc. Of course, if you don't know the flight ID then you can go for the advanced search and start with a departure city and arrival city then select the air carrier name and time of departure or arrival.



The two sites I found useful are: www.flightview.com (top picture) and www.fboweb.com (bottom picture).

No comments: